Helping Teens Learn to Cope
Learn how to support teens to manage stress in this video series. Ken Ginsburg, Co-Founder of CPTC and Professor of Pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, leads us through how to build a comprehensive stress management plan.
Topics covered in this video series include:
- Introduction to Stress Management Plan. Learn what a stress management plan is and why it can help both teens AND parents cope with stress.
- Tackling Problems. How to break down problems into manageable pieces and other problem-solving strategies.
- Building Stronger Bodies. Physical practices that decrease stress including exercise, relaxation, healthy eating, and sleeping well.
- Managing Emotions. A few helpful tips for disengaging from stress in a healthy and sustainable way.
- Making the World Better. Why contributing to communities and neighborhoods reduces stress and builds resilience in teens.
- Conclusion. Some final thoughts on how you can help your teen implement a stress management plan.