Raising Good People
Dr. Marvin Berkowitz, Sanford N. McDonnell Professor of Character Education and Co-Director of the Center for Character and Citizenship at University of Missouri St-Louis talks about raising young people with good character even during challenging parenting moments.
- Be an Agent of Good. A quick look at what morality is.
- Parents’ Impact on Character. Looking at who has the greatest impact on teens’ character development.
- Helping Your Teens Find Direction. A few strategies to help teens find their moral compass in “the peer world.”
- How Human Goodness Differs in Families. Different families might understand and teach values differently.
- Parenting for Good. The core parenting strategies that positive youth development is built on.
- How Being Good Impacts Health. The scientifically-proven effects of being a good person.
- Parenting Tools to Handle Challenging Moments. Help teens through difficult situations by communicating your love and keeping channels of communication open.
- What Are Your Parental Priorities. We often say we want our children to be good people, but our actions tend to tell a different story.