Nurturing Teen Strengths
Dr. Angela Duckworth, Founder and CEO of Character Lab and Christopher H. Browne Distinguished Professor of Psychology at University of Pennsylvania covers topics including grit, curiosity, self-control, and other strengths of the heart, mind, and will.
- Growing Gratitude. Parenting routines and practice to grow gratitude in your teen.
- What is Grit?. Defining “Grit” by combining of perseverance and passion.
- Why Grit is Important. Why talent isn’t enough to be successful.
- How Parents Can Teach Grit. Learn how to encourage grit in your teens by modeling perseverance.
- How Grit Increases the Odds for Success. Understanding the power (and limitations) of grit and what that means for maturity.
- Why We All Need Character Strengths of Heart, Mind, and Will. An overview of the different character strengths that make up a good person.
- Nurturing Teen Curiosity. The importance of (and few helpful tips for) encouraging curiosity in teens.
- Helping Teens Discover Their True Interests. Encourage hard-work, but teens also give teens the chance to explore their interests.
- All About Grit. An in-depth look at what “grit” is, why it’s important, and how we can teach it to our children.
- Helping Teens Learn Self-Control. A overview of the development of self-control in teenagers.